Our environmental policy outlines our commitment to minimising the environmental impact of our business.
We will operate our business activities in an environmentally responsible manner and with due regard to our neighbours, employees, customers and the communities in which we operate.
As a minimum, we require all aspects of our business to fully comply with any applicable national, state, provincial and local laws and regulations, and to any other standard to which the Company subscribes. We aim to minimise pollution and to continually improve our environmental performance for the long term protection of the environment.
In addition, we will:
- Communicate honestly and openly with our stakeholders about the nature of our operations and products and their relationship to the environment
- Design products, processes and operating facilities which aim to conserve resources and energy and minimise waste emissions to air, water and land, and use of hazardous materials
- Require business units to set rigorous and achievable environmental goals, the results of which are reported centrally at regular intervals
- Provide awareness training for all employees, as well as specific training relevant to individual responsibilities
- Integrate environmental protection into all of our activities and processes, aiming to implement and maintain an Environmental Management System compatible with the International Standard ISO 14001 within each of our business units
- Regularly review the policy to ensure it continues to be appropriate to Ideal Standard business activities
- Audit our facilities regularly to make sure they continue to comply with local legal requirements
We have appointed business and facility leaders to be responsible for the overall implementation of this policy and to make sure that adequate resources are available for effective management and continuous improvement of our environmental performance. The leadership teams at all our facilities are responsible for ensuring that our environmental standards are shared with each employee and maintained throughout our facilities.